Fr., 22.10.2021, 4 pm – 8 pm
Sa., 23.10.2021, 9 am – 5 pm
Communicating ideas and presenting evidence effectively is pertinent to success in academic and scientific careers. Few people have a natural talent for delivering outstanding presentations, but with preparation, organization, strategic planning and practice, anyone can give an effective presentation.
This workshop is designed to improve your performance and to ensure that your future presentations are effective, informative and entertaining. Through a series of exercises, activities and peer reviews, you will be coached in the practical tools necessary to create dynamic, professional, captivating and persuasive academic and scientific presentations.
During this workshop, you will learn how to:
– make a great first impression by projecting a confident image
– organize your content for impact
– interact effectively through body language and visual aids
– analyze your audience to determine listeners’ needs and wants
– assess your own strengths and weaknesses
– prepare, practice and deliver captivating presentations
– answer questions and handle critique confidently and professionally
– create a stronger connection with your listeners so that they can better hear and retain your message
Instructor: Dr. Teresa Burns
Comments on former seminars: https://www.tf.fau.de/files/2019/11/Feedback_engl_Presentation.pdf
The seminar will be offered online, the link will be sent to the participants by mail prior to the workshop.
Registration required under: https://www.apps.tf.fau.de/seminaranmeldung/?sem=466
Gisela Jakschik, email@example.com