Job Search and Application Process
Fr., 05.05.2023, 4 pm – 8 pm
Sa., 06.05.2023, 9 am – 5 pm
This workshop is designed to help you develop your job search strategies, avoid common job application mistakes, prepare a powerful CV/Resume and Cover Letter that will secure you the job interview, and develop the effective communication skills, both written and oral, that you will need during the job application process.
Through a series of exercises, activities, and peer reviews, you will be coached in the practical tools necessary to create a dynamic, professional, captivating, and unique job application and in the skills necessary to secure your ideal job.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
• Understanding the job market
• Learning job search strategies and avoiding mistakes
• Preparing a job application that will get you the interview
• Writing a Cover Letter that will set you aside from your competition
• Creating a unique and powerful CV/Resume by assessing your strengths and weaknesses
• Tailoring your CV and Cover Letter to the position
• Selling and presenting yourself effectively
• Developing communication skills needed for the job application process
• Exercising appropriate follow-up communication (written and oral)
• Networking your way to your ideal job
• Salary negotiation tips
• Understanding the differences between German and English application materials
• Obtaining insights into cultural differences in the international environment
• Gaining the self-confidence necessary to land the job
Please bring a CV and a letter of application to the seminar as examples.
Instructor: Dr. Teresa Burns
Comments on former seminars: https://www.tf.fau.de/files/2020/08/feedbackapplicationonline.pdf
K2-119 – Seminarraum, Erwin-Rommel-Straße 60, 91058 Erlangen.
Gisela Jakschik, firstname.lastname@example.org